05 May 2005

Voting

It was strange going to vote this evening. Our polling station was my old primary school which looks nothing like I remember. They basically knocked it down and rebuilt it. It looks very English now, it looks like English schools that you see on the news. The architecture is all the same and the layout and things. Well it looks much better now because it used to be pre-fabricated temporary huts that were built after the war and which were so temporary, they only just got rid of them about 2 years ago. It was sad to see that the large grassy area behind the school which has a big hill we used to roll down in the summer and trees we used to sit under for shade, well it has now been sealed off and kiddies can't have the fun I used to have anymore. Health and safety gone mad. Children can't play properly anymore because it's too "dangerous" or there is a "safety risk". I feel sorry for children nowadays. So what if they cut their knees or trip over a twig? It never done the health and safety people any harm when they were children. There is too much control over people these days.

Anyway, voting...... Well as we were going to vote, I felt like I was on TV on one of those news clips they show of people going to vote. This amused me and I couldn't stop grinning, I probably looked odd.

0Useful Comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home