12 September 2005

More Madness Tonight!

It started this afternoon again, we didn't really know what was going on at work cause we didn't hear the news or anything. Someone phoned and told us that shops and stuff were shutting at 4 and the trouble had started up again and the train station was closed because of a bombscare. Quite a few staff left work early, me included.

Turned out the buses were still running, but the trains weren't. My dad was coming to pick me up which usually takes ten minutes, but because of road blocks and diversions, the city centre was full of traffic and I had to wait over an hour for him. All the mobile networks were jammed and people were wandering about glaring at their mobiles cause no-one could contact anyone or receive calls. I phoned my house from a payphone but there was no answer. Mum had been trying to phone me but she kept getting a message saying there was a fault. I met a friend of my mum's who was going to have to walk home about three miles. There were buses in town but stuck in all the traffic, everything was barely moving. It took my dad an hour to get a quarter of a mile.

Up round our way is really quiet. As dad pointed it out, it's all organised violence so they are all elsewhere causing trouble. I hope they don't bother coming back here.

It wasn't frightening, just bloody damn annoying.

I will be very very pissed off if there is shit tomorrow. I am supposed to be having a driving lesson in the afternoon and a college course in town from 5-9 in the evening. If these people are unhappy, I wish they'd bloody hang themselves instead of disrupting other people's lives and causing violence.

4Useful Comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home