01 August 2005

The Driving Lesson That Never Was

Well............I was all geared up to have my first driving lesson at 3pm today.

No instructor appeared at 3, no instuctor at 10 past or 20 past!! So I called the driving school and the woman said she'd call my instructor, Tommy and call me back. She called me back a few mins later and said Tommy had tried to call me yesterday to tell me he wouldn't be able to get me until later today.

Well yesterday I had a missed call on my phone while I was at work from a random mobile number. I texted and asked who it was. No reply. Two hours later they rang me again but I couldn't answer the phone because I was at work and I texted telling them that. I heard no more from them.

Well, anyway, it was obviously this Tommy who had called me. He hadn't left a voicemail or bothered to text me.

Anyway, the woman said Tommy would call me in ten minutes.

Forty minutes later, Tommy hadn't called. I rang the driving school again. The woman said he had left a message with someone last night to ask me to call him. Mum and dad were in all day and no-one had phoned. Anyway, she gave me his mobile number and I called him.

He was so incredibly evasive!!! He said he wasn't able to take me on a lesson today. He said something about not having his diary with him today so he couldn't call me. Yet he spoke to the girl at the main office and she could have given him my number!! He also told her he would call me in ten minutes despite apparently not having my number.


I said "The woman said you left a message, who did you speak to? "

He said "I was trying to get you on your mobile."

I said "Yes I saw I had missed calls but no voicemails. You should have left me a message."


He said "Sure don't worry about it, I'll give you a call in an hour to arrange another lesson."


Well I sort of said ok grudgingly, but was really unhappy about it. I didn't like the way he had been so unprofessional and obviously evasive and I felt no confidence in having him as an instructor.

My mum, who is very good in these situations, phoned the driving school, told them I had to go out and explained I was very disappointed and unhappy with this man and that I would like another instructor.

So I have an instructor called George now on Wednesday at 3. I hope he's more reliable!!

The annoying thing is I've already paid in advance for 10 lessons, that's £180!! I thought the driving school would be fine because they are a UK wide company. Mum just spoke to someone whose son had trouble with this company as well.

Anyway, if anyone wants to avoid this company, they are called Acclaim.

6Useful Comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home