20 July 2006

Hot Hot Hot!!!!

....or "gurum gurum" as Ravin would say.

My phone informed me yesterday that it was 33 degrees as I was walking home from work. Was difficult to sleep last night because of the humidity and after I finally got to sleep I got woken up at 2.30am by the blokes in the house across the way :

"It's definitely coming from that direction."
"Yeah I think so, although sometimes its hard to tell."
"Ohhhh there's another one!!!"
"Yeah definitely coming from south west."
"Listen to that, it's getting closer!"

When, I opened my eyes, I could see them standing on their patio and hear them really well because I had gone to sleep with my window and curtains wide open because it was so hot. They are always up and about on their patio at odd hours those blokes. I've seen them having a barbecue in the rain at 3 in the morning before.

Anyway, when I managed to open my eyes (it takes a while when I've just woken up because they seem to be glued together and when I open them, I can't focus for a few minutes) I saw lots of flashes about every 10 seconds. I quickly deducted that this was lightning (I'm clever like that you see).

It was very cool lightning, the thunder was just rumbly though, not big exciting crashes. I sat on the windowsill for a while hanging out the window to watch the lightning. Over the course of the next couple of hours a few storms passed over and there were a few big crashes. I finally got to sleep about 5am. The problem was that I got myself all giddy and excited watching the storms and then I was wide awake and it took me ages to get back to sleep.

As usual they are making a big thing in the news about the weather:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/5197248.stm

We didn't have any power cuts. Well I didn't put any lights on in the flat, but I saw street lights on.

In other news...................I bought a new phone!!! I was originally going to get one bought for me for my birthday but I decided that it would be rather an expensive birthday present and I would feel guilty having all that money spent on me. It cost £129 and this is it:

http://shop.o2.co.uk/shop/o2uk/jsp/handsets/viewHandsetDetails.jsp?prodID=consumer:SE:W300i:GROUP

Its very cool. Still getting to grips with it because have never had a Sony Ericsson before. It kindly beeped at me at 6am to tell me I had no appointments today. Well I'm glad it reminded me..... grrr!!!! I think I've turned that reminder off. I don't fancy being informed every morning at 6am that I have no appointments.

I have used half the battery power already because I've been constantly fiddling with the phone.

I'm off to eat some rice now. Feel a bit sick today. I think it may be because its been so hot and I didn't sleep properly. I suppose having had a bar of Green and Black's chocolate at 8am didn't help either!!!

4Useful Comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home