03 August 2005

Ah, a useful life.

I finally feel like I'm having some form of life now, or about to. I'm at last starting driving lessons tomorrow and piano lessons next wednesday. I'm applying for two courses at the local tech: European Computer Driving Licence (I know it sounds silly!!) and some OCR thing levels two and three. I can't remember the proper name for it, but it has options to learn audio typing and legal administration which will be useful as I'm considering being a legal secretary or paralegal type thing. The ECDL one is a general qualification of computer competence and is nearly always asked for in library jobs which I'm also interested in. It is also an easy way to prove I can use Word, Excel and generally can use a computer. It doesn't seem to be good enough these days just to say you know how to do these things. They want certificates to prove it. I hope I can get to do at least one of these. Both would be great though.

As well as all that I'm going to Curves almost everyday. I was going to put a link to the Curves website but it's so hideously American and cheesy that I won't inflict it upon anyone. I like the 30 mins move round in a circle excercising thing but I'm not bothered about how it gave Tanaya her self-esteem back or how it's changed Dani Miller's life or that sort of thing. The website's all like that with cringeworthy quotes and lots of unnecessary huge smiles from women with big white teeth. It is quite funny to take the piss out of it, I suppose, ah here you go then: Curves

So there are useful things I'm doing outside of home. I'm trying to make myself do useful things inside the house as well. This may sound rather insane, but I'm going to draw up a sort of useful activity plan thing with stuff on it like Read a book, read mediaeval history magazine, watch German TV, read up on musical theory, play keyboard/guitar/tin whistle, read over History of Art notes etc........ things that should hopefully get my brain back to where it was. Since I left uni and especially since I've been in this crappy job, I've started to notice that my brain cells are dying. I've forgotten pretty much all of my degree, I find it hard to concentrate or get motivated, I make constant spelling mistakes and I always had immaculate spelling and I've also started to forget where I've put things a lot.

This, I feel is all due to brain inactivity. I'm not going to make a timetable for my "useful activities" or anything cause I'm just useless at sticking to them, but I'm going to list the things under each day of the week and tick them when I actually do them. I'm not even going to give myself a specific time frame for the things either. Perhaps I should give myself a gold star if I do four things a day and if I do more than four I could eat a Mars Bar haha. Hopefully having a nice shiny list will just make me do the things.

Anyway, word of the day is USEFUL

7Useful Comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home