06 February 2006

Still no post

We have had no mail since 27th January!! Still no end in sight for the strike. Now Royal Mail have said that "mail posted in Belfast will not be processed or delivered".

That must also mean that mail posted from anywhere will not be delivered in Belfast seeing as we haven't had any mail for over a week. I hope they sort it out soon. What about all the Valentine's cards I'm expecting!!!??? hehe I've never received a Valentine's card before. How sad is that?? Well my granny sent me one years ago but that doesn't count. I knew it was her because I recognised the writing and also she never uses postcodes, she always just writes the nearest main street instead. I think people used to do that in the "olden days". We get lots of cards at Christmas addressed like that.

We had a big meeting in work today about working sundays all year round as opposed to just during the tourist season which is March to September. Absolutely no-one wants to work on sundays but do management listen? Of course not. They aren't paid to listen, they are paid to make us listen to them!!

Every time we proposed a problem or difficulty, they either changed the subject, answered a different question (as politicians do) or twisted things to make them sound good and feasible. Luckily as an "on call" member of staff I can say when I can and can't work and I shall be saying I can't work sundays. My bus service doesn't even run on a sunday!! Everyone was fuming after the meeting. Maybe we should strike like the postal workers and let the tourists use their brains to read maps and guide books instead of getting us to lead them by the hand!

Yes, I know I'm in the wrong job. I can't be bothered with tourists.

I don't mind visitors but I hate tourists!

3Useful Comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home