08 July 2005

Religion and Death

Such a strange feeling after yesterday. When I woke up this morning, my mind was blank. I reached for my phone to turn the alarm off and noticed I had a text message. It was from my friend Jax saying a friend of ours who lives in London was nowhere near the bombs and was ok. Then yesterday's events came flooding back into my mind.

My friend is ok, but others have lost friends and family and loved ones. It's so cruel and hideous. No-one has the right to take away someone's life.

Human nature is such that there will always be those who will steal, murder and inflict pain on others. This is freewill. Every religion seems to be able to explain away the bad stuff. Religion to me has become a bad word. We don't know if Islamic extremists are responsible for this yet, but it looks likely. If this is the case, then religion has produced evil.

Similarly, if we are to believe that Loyalists and Republican terrorists have murdered and terrorised in Northern Ireland and Britain in order to protect their religion, then belief has given birth to barbarism.

There are many more examples of religion causing hate around the world; those who read newspapers will know of conflict around the world in the name of religion.

What is religion??!

The Oxford Popular Dictionary defines religion as "belief in the existence of a superhuman controlling power." Yet, if people from whatever faith believe in such a power, why do they undermine this power by assuming control themselves!!?? Surely this is blasphemy whatever God or power they believe in.

The truth is, the people who commit assaults and murders in the name of religion are enemies of their own God. They don't realise this; their minds are contorted and twisted so much that they think they are serving their God by carrying out these atrocities. It only takes one insane fanatic to turn 50 decent God loving people into misguided murderers.

I believe Al Qaeda were behind the attacks on London. I think we should pity suicide bombers. Their minds have been destroyed by other evil beings. They are merely brainwashed. They are not the evil ones. They are the victims of religion along with the people they murdered. They are tools and slaves of evil. Those who command such carnage are the epicentre of evil, not the ones they send to do their dirty work.

This is my perception. If anyone has other views, please let me know. I'm not that well versed in world affairs and accept that I may perceive things inaccurately. I am always open to other people's views and opinions.

Actually, I would really like some feedback to gauge opinion. Would be good to know what people think around the world.............although only UK people ever post here!!

7Useful Comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home