18 June 2005

New York Update

Well, here I am in New York.

It's not too warm at the moment. There was a mad thunderstorm the other day. It was nice and bright and sunny and then suddenly it got really dark and the thunder started and everyone was running about trying to get indoors before it started pouring with rain. It was quite fun. We had to race to the house with the two strollers (buggies). My mum phoned in the middle of it all and I set the phone down to help my sister in law with the children and then forgot my mum was still on the phone. She was still there when we got inside, but I couldn't hear what she was saying because the rain was pelting down like mad, there was a train roaring past and the children were screaming.

I haven't actually left the house so far, apart from going round a few blocks with the babies. I decided to wait until my friend arrives before venturing into Manhattan. I'd rather not go there unless I have to really. The subway is unpleasant and Manhattan is full of noise, pollution and mad people.

My baby nephew is the most amazing little boy. He is looking more Indian now, but still has very striking blue eyes. It looks as if they are going to stay blue. He's beautiful!!!

Well, my friend shall be arriving in 5 hours or thereabouts. Hopefully the taxi from the airport will get her here ok.

I'm off now to have a lunch of Indian curry. Everyone eats Indian food in this house. It's proper Indian food, not like the stuff you get in the take-away or frozen from Tesco.

3Useful Comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home