10 February 2006

Winter Olympics

Hurrah!!! The opening ceremony is tonight and the games start tomorrow. I like the winter olympics better than the summer ones. It's just more fun to watch sport with snow and ice for some reason, especially when you are nice and cosy in your house. Anyway the BBC Winter Olympics Website is excellent. It explains all the sports and their rules and you can download tv listings for all the games. I'm going to print them off and put them on my wall hehe. I think I might highlight all my favourite events as well.

I might watch the opening ceremony tonight which starts at 6pm on BBC2. Generally I'm not keen on opening ceremonies. It's just alot of people dancing about with coloured paper and things supposedly telling stories from the past of the place where the games are being held and you never know what they are going on about and even when the commentator explains the meaning behind all the dancing and running about, it still doesn't make any sense. It all looks very expensive and a waste of money. Anyway I said I might watch it because there's nothing else on at 6 apart from the news really and I do like the part in the opening ceremony when all the countries come out and walk round the track. I like to see all the different flags and see countries I haven't heard of before and I like to see who has the smallest team. Having said that though, that usually comes at the end so I might wait until about 9 before watching it. It's on until 10pm apparently. That's 4 hours worth of coloured paper and dancing!!

Anyway, enough of that. Did I mention before that we are looking after my cousin's kitten? He's black and little and very mad. His name is Jack. I had a good photo of him somewhere but can't find it. I shall have to post a picture of him. He's behaving at the minute and sleeping on my bed. Mostly though, he's destroying furniture, attacking people, running about like a speeding bullet or hassling my poor wee rat Henry. However, he is a very cute kitten and he does let you give him cuddles sometimes.

We have now had 2 weeks without post. There's no sign of this strike ending. The longer it goes on though, the more support the postal workers are losing. I imagine that if it isn't sorted out by monday, people are going to get rather fed up by the whole thing. It's not really affected me too much, apart from not having my appointment letter which I need to sit my theory test. I'm going to phone them up though and I'm sure that under the circumstances they'll still let me sit it without the letter.

4Useful Comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home