23 March 2006

Sorry about that.......

I buggered off to London for a few days and then didn't get round to posting for ages. I'm buggering off to Scotland for a few days tomorrow so thought I better post before I have too much to post about!!

Anyway London was nice. First day we went on the London Eye and then my poor granny fell and hit her head. Luckily St. Thomas' Hospital is just across the road so we went over to A & E. Four hours later she had been checked out and she was fine. We also saw the Houses of Parliament which we thought was Westminster Abbey for about 20 mins!! I was very disappointed to discover that Big Ben was attached!!! I always thought it was a free standing clock tower like our good old Albert Clock in Belfast.

That night we had the most disgusting chinese takeaway from a place called the Big Chef. If you are ever in Chelsea, don't buy from there!!! Second day, me and mum and dad went to the Tower of London. It was bloody freezing!! I was disappointed by the Tower of London as well because it was nothing like I'd imagined. I thought it was just a big tower like in fairytales hehe. I thought prisoners were kept high up in a big tower, but the Bloody Tower were many prisoners were kept wasn't high at all, it wasn't much of a tower either. I suppose the White Tower was ok. I didn't think much of the crown jewels. They didn't look that expensive. I reckon they are copies anyway. There wasn't that much security in the jewel house.

Didn't get to see the ravens either because they are locked away somewhere in case they catch bird flu!!!

On the third day, we went to Wellington Barracks to see Princess Anne present the Irish Guards with the Shamrock. It was bloody cold then too. After that we went to the Sgt's Mess for a piss up. Met a nice handsome Welsh man who bought me drinks hehe. He's coming over to Belfast in a few weeks so we exchanged phone numbers, just because I work in tourist information that's all. He has a girlfriend.

On the fourth day, we came home and Easyjet lost mum's case and she had to wait 4 days to get it back!! Anyway, enough writing, here are some photos. I don't have any of the Welshman I'm afraid.






7Useful Comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home